ABIC Education Awards Application Process
You must apply directly online for both our undergraduate and post graduate awards at www.bermudascholarships.com
Supporting Documents (required by all applicants unless indicated otherwise and must be attached to their online application).
- Academic qualification – ALL school and university transcripts (copies will NOT be accepted).
- Certificate/letter of acceptance by college or university to be attended.
- Letter from college or university supporting their tuition fees.
- Completed Financial Needs Form – printable copy available on www.bermudascholarships.com under our award description and criteria.
- Copies of letters from employers verifying income for all wage earners in household (must be .pdf not word documents for authenticity)
- Copy of Bachelor’s Degree (post graduate applicants)
- A personal letter of recommendation – from a Bermudian who has known you for at least 3 years (must be a signed copy).
- An academic letter of recommendation from your most recent teacher, professor or guidance counselor (must be a signed copy).
- In no more than 300 words, describe what you believe to be the importance of international business in Bermuda and your career plans for the future.
- In no more than 100 words, explain why you believe you should be chosen as an Award Scholar.
Description of Award
Awards are made for a period of two years to any student who has Bermudian status or where Bermudian status is expected within 12 months of the award. The student should have either applied for acceptance to a university or already be enrolled in a course of study relevant to International business.
Undergraduate Awards: The student should have either applied for acceptance to a 4 year, degree offering university/college or already be enrolled in a course of study relevant to international business
Graduate Award: This person should have a Bachelor’s Degree, 2 years work experience, show evidence of savings and have applied for acceptance into a Master’s Degree program relevant to international business.
Number of Awards
Undergraduate Awards: approximately 20 per annum
Graduate Award: 1
NOTE: See separate application process on this website for ABIC/GSU Masters Fellowship Program in Risk Management and Insurance
Undergraduate Awards: $15,000 per annum for up to 2 years.
Graduate Award: $20,000 per annum for up to 1 year.
None for either awards.
- Answers to Reasons Students Don’t Apply
- Early Bird Gets Scholarship
- Top 10 Scholarship Application Do’s & Don’ts
- Types of Financial Aid
- Tips on Bullet Proofing Your Essay
- Scholarship FAQ
- Letters of Recommendation
- Tips about Scholarship Interviews
For Further Information
ABIC Education Awards
Bermuda Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box HM 655
Hamilton HM CX